Thursday 27 January 2011

Evaluation: Question 1

 Evaluation Question 1.

In what ways does your media product uses, develops or challenges forms and conventions of real media products?

Our film trailer challenges the usual  conventions by having a linear narrative, which is isn’t seen in most movie trailers; most trailers show the most entertaining parts to sell the movie to their intended audience. Having a linear narrative which would keep the audience intereated and add some mystery and tension to our trailer. We decided that adding flashbacks would make it more conventional as the kind of product that we are making.

In my research I found that the most successful teaser trailers were the ones with a linear narrative, but did not give away a lot about the movie, which works successfully to keep audience attention, and to continue the viral marketing of a movie. This is an example of a trailer with a linear narrative that I found in my research.



Putting the title our movie and the end of the trailer is seen a lot throughout movie trailers, as after the audience has seen all these interesting clips and action the title of the movie shows last to keep it in the audiences mind.





We decided to follow the traditional conventions in our ancillary products as in my research I found that the usual conventions work well to market a movie.

In my research I found that magazines and posters used start status to sell their products, this would give their product a pre-determined audience, and we decided to use this in our ancillary tasks. In my research more people preferred to see a poster/magazine if it has star they like on the front of it.










No comments:

Post a Comment